[thechat] A question

Roger Austin raustin3 at nc.rr.com
Fri Jan 28 13:26:28 CST 2011

On 1/28/2011 5:19 AM, Mohan Arun L wrote:
> Any tech interviewers on the list?
>
> Lets say you are on a phone interview with a recruiter.
> You dont understand what he/she is saying,
> due to a different accent, or due to bad connection,
> whatever. What do you say?
>
> Which of the following is better:
> "I am sorry, can you repeat what you just said?"
> "I beg your pardon?" (this sounds like I am talking to a judge?)
> Is "can you repeat please" considered bad manners, like you are
> ordering them or something?

Mohan, what country and/or culture is the recruiter from? That might
make a big difference. If it is for the US, you don't need to be
concerned with any of those responses as they will be very blunt.
Most of the recruiters will have much worse manners than you since
you asked this question. ;)
  Just be courteous and you will be fine. People understand bad
connections. Good luck, Roger
--
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/8/a4/60
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RogerTheGeek