[thechat] A question

Mohan Arun L marun2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 17:28:32 CST 2011

Thanks for the responses to my question:

Which of the following is better:
"I am sorry, can you repeat what you just said?"
"I beg your pardon?"

Now I have a question atop this one:
- Lets say I already used this line
"I am unable to hear you, can you please repeat?"
once or twice for the same message conveyed by the interviewer.
Is there something I can say to make sure he repeats it to me again?
Like if this happens more than once in the same sequence?

- What can I say to make the interviewer sound louder?
"Can you be a little bit louder please"?
Would this be too much if you are worried about what
he/she might think of you, like you are trying to manipulate
him or something? Is there better wording?

- Mohan