[thechat] A question

Roger Austin raustin3 at nc.rr.com
Tue Feb 1 07:07:35 CST 2011

On 1/31/2011 3:20 PM, Luther, Ron wrote:

> Sorry.  I spent a few minutes listening to samples from the
youtube accent project ... but I didn't find any examples of
Southern US accents as thick as the one that tech rep had.  ;-(

I live in the south and the difficulty is in defining the
"Southern" accent. Just in my state of North Carolina there are
multiple accents. In eastern NC alone, you have the tidewater,
outer banks, and Wilmington accents. Western NC has the foothill
and mountain accents and there are variants all in between.

The nuances may be lost on some listeners, but after a few
brews, it really doesn't matter anymore.
--
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/8/a4/60
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RogerTheGeek