[thechat] Be Nice to the Client

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 13:21:13 CST 2011

Client sold her business to somebody else. The new owners kept the old
secretary (also webmaster sort of) onboard however. Now she writes me
now that when they try to access via https, they get an error and she
sends me a JPG screenshot of the error (as if I don't have a PC and
can't browse to it myself) and writes:

> Please correct this asap.

I take a minute to check out the issue. Well, yes, STUPID, this SSL is
invalid because it expired in, oh, October. You now how I know that? I
just browsed to it with my browser and it says that right in front of
my face. The last owner told me not to renew it because she had no
need of it. I should correct it? And asap? Why? You don't take credit
cards you know. And it's been invalid for, oh, 5 months now, but I'm
sure that NOW it's suddenly vital and must be done ASAP. If you want
it fixed, so buy a new SSL you idiot!

Ah, thanks for listening everyone. I will send a more polite response
to the idiot, I mean client.

Thanks.