[thechat] Suggestions?

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Fri Dec 6 12:52:24 CST 2013

Hi Erik!

Sounds like you got a sweet machine too!

I got my hands on one of these:  http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2409131,00.asp

Yeah, I would love to follow Roger's suggestion and load Ubuntu on it!    Can I buy a clue on how to do that?  It won't boot off my Knoppix CD or off a usb.  (The BIOS appears to be locked.  I see no option to point to anything other than the hard drive for boot.)

Soooooo ... how do I get Ubuntu on a hard drive that fits in a desktop unit when all I have are working laptops?   Can I get there from here?

Great Idea Morgan!   I think I still have some old rollerblades up in the attic!  I may have to go dig those out!  (And I may need to wait a few days as well - it was 73 degrees at 6:30 am yesterday, 55 degrees at lunchtime, and 44 degrees at dinnertime!)

  ;-PPPPP

RonL.