[thechat] Suggestions?

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Mon Dec 9 13:51:52 CST 2013

Richard Maloley II suggested:

>>Several options:
>>1. Open the case and pull the CMOS battery. This will reset the BIOS to default, including blanking any passwords.
>>2. Pull the hard drive and use an IDE -> USB toolkit to connect it to a laptop.

Hi Richard,

Excellent!  I will give the 1st suggestion a try today!

The 2nd suggestion sounds great too ... I'll keep that as a backup.  (Actually, I'll try the first suggestion and if that doesn't work I'll probably pull the drive and go begging through the Engineering and Marketing departments as a 2nd option to see if I can get someone to load Windows or Ubuntu or Chrome on it for me.)

Cheers,
RonL.