[Theforum] Re: Charter Gaps

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Tue Oct 23 22:08:42 CDT 2001

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, aardvark wrote:

> > From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at members.evolt.org>
> >
> > the only 'reimbursement' i'd like to see is for this group of people
> > to take over the day to day stuff for evolt and let the BOD worry
>
> day-to-day?  do you mean in place of the admin crew?  or some
> merger of the two?  i suspect we won't use this group to run the
> day-to-day, but a sub-set of this group, but that's only due to
> logistical reasons i have in my head...

merger. i know there are a lot of people on this list, although quiet
right now, could do an awesome job doing the things 'admin' has always
done - answering emails sent through our site, editing and approving
articles on the website, advocating evolt, etc.

splitting things up creates confusion and discourages openness IMO. evolt
should have *ONE* place to take care of the shit regarding its community,
not one for X, another for Y, and yet another for Z. this is just my
opinion to those already firing up their email editors.

i'd like to hear, the logistic problems you forsee too. i'd like to hear
from a couple other people here too. :)

/me smaks garrett, miriam, jeremy, john, hugh, mark, ron and scott. wake
up :)

> > about money, copyright, trademark, and death issues.
>
> death?  er... just what *was* that package you sent over here? and
> should it be ticking?

well, thanks for setting of the fucking carnivore triggers. ;)

i was takling about the whole 'hit by a bus' speach i gave in austin.

.djc.