[Theforum] nostalgia

mantruc javier at mantruc.com
Sun Oct 28 10:32:00 CST 2001

hi, this is a document i found in my backups while revisiting the
evolt.org statement, it's a series of drafts, dated [Jan 9, 1999]
thought i'd share....

javier
------------------

Project evolt Org, some ideas.

We should include either a <tip> or a >life< comment ending messages.

Work theory, tutorials,
Business tips, practical,
Web culture
Local cultures

As for the org definition:

We are a community of web developers who believe in the importance of
maintaining this net free for all the people.  Each one of us comes from
a different cultural background and has different area of skill, we
believe that this diversity is our main strength.
We know that the Internet is the most powerful tool that humanity has
ever had, and that this tool could lead us to change our world.  Thus we
think that this medium must be used in a very responsible manner.
Our main goal for this community is to share the knowledge we have
acquired through our personal experience with other web developers is
order to make this job something serious and professional.
It is quite easy to build a web site and put it online, but building a
good web site is an amazing challenge that involves many different areas
of knowledge.

We are not a company, we are a community, because we believe that his
medium is giving us the chance to establish better forms of human
communication and association.

The main reason behind this community is sharing, we are a very
heterogeneous
group of people who work creating web content.  We gather here because
we
believe that this amazing communication medium was born based, and must
always
remain based on this spirit of sharing; our experience, skills, talent
and
efforts are shared here for free.

We believe that making the best out of this Web will take us to the next
step in
human evolution, a step where we understand that cooperation is the most

effective and productive kind of human relationship (working relations
included).
We believe that the power of this technology can lead us to change the
world.
This medium can help us revalue the importance of cooperation and
honesty among
human beings, we know that our current systems of organization
(physical,
economical, political, resources) are not the best we can give.  We have

collected all the knowledge of the world in a single net, time has come
to use
all this knowledge and lead on to our new era.

We seek to establish a respectful treat among members, we understand
that we
belong to different cultures, this is our main strength, and we try to
be tough
on our critics in a way to achieve a high standard of web design and
content.
Different point of views can coexist and collaborate, thus we will not
permit
offensive treat or violent conduct among associates.

So, if you would like to join us with your curiosity, talent, knowledge
and/or
skills, please do so.

Evolt.org is an international community of professional Web developers.
The
Evolt site and mailing list(s) exist in order to provide support on a
variety of levels for people around the world who create content for the

Web. Evolt.org believes that the values of community, cooperation, [open

source? anything else?] will aid us in our professional lives and the
Web
as a whole in its continuing "webolution."

evolt.org is a cross-border and cross-browser compatible [ or simply
'international' and taking the joke away ] community of web enthusiasts
and
professional web developers. We study the art of the new media and
promote it's
further development. Our site is an open source community for web
evolution and
development, based on cooperation and exploration of the vast resources
of our
[or 'the community's'] collective talents, skills and experience.
Indentifying
*people, ideas and visons*, and not technology, as the true backbone/
substance
of the web, leaves no limits for the web evolution, except our
imagination.

We are the seed of the new breed.
We shall succeed.
Our time has come!

evolt.org is the way to go!
evolt.org is the way of the future!

evolt.Org is an international community of professional Web developers.
The Evolt site and mailing list(s) exist in order to provide support on
variety of levels for people around the world who create content for the

Web.
We at evolt.Org believe that the values of community, cooperation, and
cultural will aid us in our professional lives and the Web
as a whole in its continuing "webolution."

Evolt.Org is a community of professional web developers form different
countries and cultures.  Our site and mailing list have been created in
the spirit of sharing our knowledge in variety of subjects related to
web development.
We believe a community is the best means of human organization, and that
human evolution will tend towards them.  The power of this medium lead
by the hand of people who work in this spirit can lead us to evolve
towards a better world.