[Theforum] culture-differences (was: Roll Call - Madhu)

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Tue Oct 30 15:38:47 CST 2001

> i agree with Madhu, i also hate it when "americans" take for granted
> their culture as being the world's default, it's very passively rude.

Can ya guys help me out then, and point it out (offlist) when I do it?
While embarrassed that I do it, I'd like not to, but need help (the fun
of living in your own box sometimes)

(Starbucks is a franchise "gourmet" coffee chain, rooted in the Pacific
Northwest --I think they're literally down the street from Microsoft.
They're as common as McDonald's. They poise themselves as much lifestyle
(hip coffeehouse sheik without the piercings, dreadlocks, and 420) as
the coffee) --Think Ikea for coffee. (I think, is Ikea down there? Shit.
dern 'merican references) check http://starbucks.com)

of course, there's nuthin like countering with Chilean or Indian
references! I wanna hear em =)

dex