[Theforum] survey first draft

javier velasco (mantruc) lists at mantruc.com
Fri Nov 2 13:42:41 CST 2001

nice job everyone, this is very neat, now that i just read it all again at
once, it's not THAT long

i like the dose of humor in ron's version, makes it more human

i like amanda's suggestions too

"A. Erickson" wrote:

> > http://members.evolt.org/djc/evolt/surveydraft.html
>
> My notes:
>
> + The question about being anonymous should have a link to a page
> explaining our privacy policy for the questionaire.

that doesn't exist yet, right?

> + "In one sentence, how would you define/explain Evolt.org to others?"
> The only problem here is that we gave them the answer up in the
> beginning where we have that joke question. Remove the joke and this one
> will become more interesting I think.

big +1

> + Demographics, each of these should have a "prefer not to answer"
> checkbox, I think: Age: ____ enter age; Sex: xMale, xFemale; Location:
> _____ city, ____ state or province, ___ country; Do you consider
> yourself a: xDesigner, xProgrammer, xOther.

maybe "it's not your business" instead of "prefer not to answer"

Age:
Sex:
Location: city/province/country
Occupation: Hardware Admin - Programmer - Designer - IA/UX - All in one -
Other (type input)

> + Someone mentioned getting skillset/software information -- that would
> be cool. Maybe this is on Ron's page... Better go look.

yes it's in ron's version already

--
Javier Velasco M.      -               nurun Chile
Information Architect  -       http://www.nurun.cl