[Theforum] New feature suggestions

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Mon Nov 12 12:51:43 CST 2001

This has been brought up a couple times before.. Our mailing list DB and
our WWW user DB are in no way synced or able to talk to eachother making
it technically prohibitive to do this..

I think it would be cool to do too, but how things are right now, it just
won't work.. sorry :(

One thing we could add to teh CMS would be a 'notify me when new articles
are posted' checkbox on the user signup page that would correspond to a
flag in the user record.. when a new article is approved,

mailto if user.notifyme = yes

pseudo code gets run..

.djc.