[Theforum] Notification (was: New feature suggestions)

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Mon Nov 12 13:31:10 CST 2001

At 12:21 AM 11/13/2001, you wrote:
>This has been brought up a couple times before.. Our mailing list DB and
>our WWW user DB are in no way synced or able to talk to eachother making
>it technically prohibitive to do this..

Hi Dan.

There's no syncing involved. Just:

1) set up a separate mailman announcement only list
2) transfer all thelist members there by default (initially)
3) Put up an INPUT box on the evolt home page so new people (non-members)
can sign up for it easily.
4) Write a trigger script so that when an article is approved, an email
goes out to this announcement list with details.

As you can see, there is no data being shared.

Whaddya think?

Madhu

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant