[Theforum] Re: langs

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Tue Nov 13 00:47:50 CST 2001

Michele Foster wrote on 13/11/01 4:51 am

>I'm curious to know what the estimated time of completion would be if we
>wanted to implement the entire shebang.
>
>Then, I'd like to make an informed decision, based on ETA for the project
>and rate that against the options that have been presented.
>
>IOW, what's it going to cost us to implement. Do we really want to spend
>the time doing this?  Do we have other projects more pressing that we should
>continue to work on.  We'd need to define a list of article reviewers
>on-hand, for other languages.

Of course - ultimately that's always going to be the method of
prioritisation: cost -v- benefit.

And cost is as you've identified: more than just the time spent
coding it, it's all the practicalities of operating it too.

Up until now we haven't considered the benefits as being
strong enough to warrant even a detailed investigation, but
that seems to be changing.

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland