[Theforum] New feature suggestions

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Tue Nov 13 10:14:27 CST 2001

At 09:28 PM 11/13/2001, you wrote:
>Next, I had made a suggestion, and was asked to share it for further
>discussion on this list.
>
>Find the link below:~
>
>         http://www.evolt.org/article/profjj/26/16736/index.html

Anything that involves page views can very easily be manipulated, IMHO. If
I wrote an article, I would either keep pressing F5 or get a small script
to do it for me. Not reliable at all.

What we do need to do is dig up articles with low readership, but which
have genuine merit in them. Then we need to circulate them on the home
page. I believe something like this was being discussed on thesite a while
back. What happened, folks?

Perhaps within categories, we can have a "Sort by rating" option in
addition to the "Sort by date" that's currently in place.

And how about a "Random article of the day" option? :)
I remember the "old" days of the Web in 1994-95 when I'd love to go to a
random site on Yahoo!

Madhu

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant