[Theforum] Featured article positioning and concept

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Wed Nov 14 20:54:30 CST 2001

> i could dig that, keeping in mind that an image with, say, black text
> wouldn't work too well in my stealth style, or else it would be a big
> white/light box... i think it's dangerous to start adding images, and
> aliasing can be an issue with different bg colors...
> perhaps by not letting authors create their titles?  for instance, the

what's a priority? using images in articles that might contrast strangely
with non-standard colouring, or allowing people to surf the site in their
favourite colours?

> CSS / custom styles issue alone could make it too difficult...
>
> what about the ALA approach?

and what is that? all header graphics are done by a core group?

i'm happy with that.

as for image appearance on non-standard CSS backgrounds - well, what can you
do? sit it on a white background and hope that works with anything is
probably the best approach.