[Theforum] New feature suggestions

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Thu Nov 15 16:05:03 CST 2001

> Adding it to the end of the articles is the simplest solution that I
> thought of initially. What I'd like us to do is perhaps make it a little
> more obvious that we don't *mind* if people do this, as long as it's
> relatively decent. (i.e., if your bio sounds terribly desperate, you're
> probably hurting your chances more than helping). Also, we could put this
> into the writer's guidelines.

I think if Adrian and I threw something onto the ends of most of our
articles, and Dan and Martin did the same, that'd be a start. Might become
more obvious that we don't mind this if people actually start doing it.

Can also mention it in the writers' guidelines as you've suggested and the
submission form.

> I think 3 lines should be acceptable.

A small paragraph should be fine. I don't expect anyone to write a saga in
there.

What about a standard format? i.e., a <hr> followed by the paragraph.
paragraph should include (wherever possible) full name, job title (serious
or comical), place of business (optional), interests or experience, and
links to personal site, email address, or evolt.org member page. Similar to
the digital-web example you posted.

> Glad to see we're in agreement. So... what do we do next?

We wait for some +1/-1's to see if we have a winning idea.

> Is our propoganda minister in charge of
> that? The more people that link to our site, the more recognition evolt,
> thelist, and writers get. Getting mentioned in a place like
> Tomalak's Realm drives a fair bit of traffic to sites.

Whoever wants to do it can do it. Just keep things in the spirit of
evolt.org. i.e., if you're representing the community, don't piss anyone
off. :P

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au