[Theforum] [Fwd: [thalist] Any good web developer/programmer Portals out there?]

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Tue Nov 27 13:11:08 CST 2001

spinhead wrote:

>Not sure how related this is, but in the December issue of WebTechniques,
>Molly used alistapart as her example of a standards compliant well validated
>x-browser site. Someone oughta tell her about evolt.org . . .

ALA is pretty different than Evolt, in terms of pushing the
boundaries of structural markup + CSS... though it would be nice to
see Evolt get a bit more credit for it's particular approach.  (I
find the accesskey particularly enchanting.)

http://www.evolt.org/article/Inside_the_evolt_org_Rebuild_The_HTML_and_CSS/20/5816/index.html

There's another factor to it which is the art/design following
Zeldman has.  Also, certain web personalities hang out at the same
conferences.  They do the mutual linking thing, which we could do as
well...

There have been some vehement objections to "link-whoring" in the
past...  (objections I don't agree with, but objections nonetheless.
Are there still objections?)

I think it would be neat-o if Evolt reps did some of the conference
circuit one day.  We could do it if we wanted to.  We could promote
Evolt and schmooze simultaneously.

The mutual flow of love would lead naturally to mutual flow of links.

Erika