[Theforum] [Fwd: [thalist] Any good web developer/programmer Portals out there?]

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Wed Nov 28 17:01:31 CST 2001

> good idea, one that will probably get worked into the next version of
> evolt. what should we do in the meantime?

We either submit short articles (what if the summary is all there is?), or
we wait it out.

Or we do a weekly write-up of industry news snippets (too many disadvantages
I think).

An alternative is to provide wider coverage/commentary of an issue in the
style of TheStandard's media groks. Media Grok is now dead, so an
opportunity might exist.

For those who were never subscribed (Joe Crawford got me onto it), it was
basically a write-up of the representation of an issue by various media
sources. So, for example, if Mozilla 1 was released, we'd provide links to
the download/BEO area, but also links to 3-10 news sources with some light
commentary into their angle. i.e., they might have a huge MS/OS bias, or
they might be completely disinterested, etc.

Again, that requires a bit more effort, but such additional content could be
added by other writers once the original (and potentially short) article was
submitted.

Other than that, I can't think of an immediate solution.

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au