[Theforum] Re: Article Approvals

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Thu Nov 29 14:50:36 CST 2001

From: "spinhead" <evolt at spinhead.com>

| Useful list. No surprises there. So, on a practical level, if someone
were
| going to help 1) answer mail or 2) edit/approve/judge articles, they'd
need
| some kind of access, right? Who gives that? Who decides who can have it?
| appreciate the comment that someone helping approve articles couldn't do
| much harm, but if Jack the Ripper wanted to go find one to approve, where
| would he look?

as it is today, what needs to be done is to raise your privilege level
number in the database. up until now this has been adjacent with admin
membership and has been based on a majority voting on the adminlist. There
are a few so called 'godmins' that actually make the change in the db
itself, but based on admin's decision.

in my opinion the method of adding to the higher privilege list is still
within the admin group ... until we've changed that process (which we
haven't, but are slowly doing).

but you see, you've reached the core of the disagreement within admins
right there ... we don't all agree about the methodology used in changing
that process.

so let's try to steer clear of that disagreement, perhaps by making our own
suggestions, finding our own consensus, so here's me, asking you: how do
you think it should be.

thanks
elfur