[Theforum] Re: Article Approvals

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Thu Nov 29 15:02:42 CST 2001

From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at members.evolt.org>

| have you noticed the amount of stagnation there is with new articles
| lately? we've got 5 articles in there now that haven't been touched by
the
| 'admin group', the oldest from oct 31st. it reflects poorly on evolt as a
| whole when authors don't hear anything about articles they took the time
| to write and submit to us. should a person really have to wait up to a
| week at times to see if their article gets approved or not?

haven't been touched?
you know dan, i have to disagree with that.

for starters, the oldest one was an article we have discussed and someone
(don't remember who) wanted to contact the author for alterations, so it
wouldn't just be denied (but it will be denied in it's current form)

the second oldest one is an advertisement for another web site ... i guess
no one is ready for the flame that sometimes follows the discussion
surrounded in approving/denying those type of articles (please don't take
it as trolling, cause i'm not) - but my vote is deny, and i will in about
six hours if no one else has raised any objections.

the third oldest one, true, in quick glance i see nothing wrong ... and
haven't been following the admin discussion well enough to know if anyone
has been discussing it.

the fourth oldest one, yes this is a solution to a problem, but it's not an
article. my vote is deny and point him to thelist for posting the solution
there.

the fifth oldest (second newest) is dated Nov 26th so it's not *that* old,
but i haven't read it yet.

the latest one is from earlier today.

so, when you say five articles not touched, it's not quite right now is it?
are you really being fair?

but mea culpa, i have been too busy to do the article approving thing ...
and i do agree with the adding to article approvers ... but i do think that
there should be somewhat limited access (but have no clue as to where the
limitation should lie ...)

cc-ing this mail to the admin list, since it includes actions that can be
categorised as a day to day administration.

later
elfur