[Theforum] Re: Article Approvals

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Thu Nov 29 15:11:28 CST 2001

From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at members.evolt.org>

| On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Elfur Logadottir wrote:
|
| > | The one thing I'd add is that the more people we have watching for
| > | articles, the more people will see mistakes come through, and the
faster
| > | they'll be fixed.
| >
| > and isn't this exactly what isaac was doing ... asking for more people
| > edit articles?
|
| yes he was asking if more people wanted to help.
|
| my problem with it was the 'volunteer and submit your qualifications to
| admin and they'll decide in private' part, not the 'more people should
get
| involved' part.

ok, fair point. but how should we make those additions? just add everyone?
but who are 'everyone' ?
- everyone on theforum list?
- everyone that shows interest?
- everyone who?

don't we have to define who should have the privilege to approve articles?

if yes, how do we do that?
- the admin group has process for it, but no one else has. so if you reject
the admin group's process, offer another one.

i think that if we add everyone we add too many, but oh yeah, i want to add
people to the article approving process and i want to have quite a lot
there, but not everyone.

caveat: i don't know how many are subscribed to theforum list, so i don't
know if adding all theforum subscribers is too many ... hence my -1 vote in
adding theforum to leo at this point ... let's mold these things first.

later
elfur