[Theforum] blah blah. Or, who gets to edit articles

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Sun Dec 2 15:50:39 CST 2001

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Elfur Logadottir wrote:

> exactly, but those that are administrators should be there, cause that's
> what the admin list should be for. ('specially since we've moved the other
> discussion over here).

and yet, as i catch up on email after being gone for the weekend, the
discussion on the admin at lists.evolt.org list continues with 50 new
messages since friday mostly debating the future and power that this list
should have.

the backstabbing continues behind closed doors while everyone plays nice
here in public. bullshit.

i've only skimmed that list because i'd rather do something productive for
evolt like getting this survey out for tonite. it's never ceased to amaze
me how much time people can put into argueing the future of evolt and
which way it should be run, and by who. Yet when asked to actually do
something tangible for evolt besides postulating its future, they're out
of time.

obviously i'm in a cranky mood again or something. i look in my 'good
ideas' folder and see at least 15 really good ideas for evolt in there
that have been suggested in the short time this list has been around. i
think its a shame that those ideas are getting left along the wayside
while the majority of the discussion here and behind closed doors
continues to focus not on positive things for evolt, but on the reasons
why a select group of people should be allowed to edit articles in
private.(for example)

are these discussions really furthering evolt.org as a community? are they
making evolt a better, more useful place for the web developers of the
world? are you, by soley contributing in the way of endless arguements
about minor issues in the grand scheme of things, building community?

just some thoughts to address a lot of the issues i'm seeing lined up, but
won't read because, frankly, i've got better shit to do.

.djc.