[Theforum] quick survey feedback

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Mon Dec 3 10:53:57 CST 2001

At 10:09 PM 12/3/2001, Daniel J. Cody typed these words:
>we as the providers of direction for evolt.org need to personally pimp the
>shit out of it too. weblogs, forwards to co-workers, etc.. all need to be
>carpet-bombed with our survey .. the more results we get, the wider range
>of opinions we'll have, and the more balanced survey we'll have.

If we put up a link on our respective weblogs, would it really drive
*relevant* traffic our way? Unless they already use some of evolt's
services, is their feedback useful?

>percentage to shoot for, although most 'official' surveys and polls look
>for 1-2% of a random sampling of any given group(if i recall my stats
>courses correctly)

True, but that percentage gets smaller as the "population" increases. For
example, in a city with a million people, more than 1-2% may not be feasible.

>we'll let it run for a couple weeks ya.. i expect the amount of people
>responding on any given day to drop way down after tomorrow. also, like i
>said before, it would be cool to report some info for our 3rd birthday..

Yes, that's what I meant. After the survey, we need a few days to analyse
the data. Running it for two weeks won't give us that buffer.

>speaking of, happy bday to you madhu :)

Ah, thank you. One year closer to 30 - and still no life ;)

>and i don't see a link on your weblog :)

Hey, gimme some time, dude. I haven't updated it yet. You only announced it
a few hours ago. I'm writing something up for my weblog. It'll be on that,
don't you worry. :D

Madhu

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant