[Theforum] Re: some thoughts

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Mon Dec 3 16:09:09 CST 2001

At 03:32 AM 12/4/2001, spinhead typed these words:
>Someone A already knows how to do <insert task>. Someone B wants to help.
>Someone A gets some help, and Someone B gets some knowledge, and Someone C
>who doesn't have a clue about <insert task> follows their efforts and hopes
>someday to be Someone B.
>
>Can you say 'mentoring' ?

Correct. This is what happens in a regular web development job anyway.
There are content people, IAs, designers, interface designers, usability
guys, programmers, sysadmins, and project managers.

And evolt.org is a similar development project requiring an array of
skills. If we were all just db experts, we could hardly keep the site
going, could we?  :)

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon