[Theforum] Idea for new feature

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Tue Dec 4 06:05:51 CST 2001

At 05:29 PM 12/4/2001, .jeff typed these words:
> > Hey, why don't we have a "Recommend evolt.org to a
> > friend" feature on the home page? And perhaps even
> > thelist page? One way to get members to spread the
> > word around, is it not?
> ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
>
>can you explain in more detail what this is and how it works?

Ever been to http://www.recommendit.com ?

Same concept. If people like the articles on evolt.org, they may want to
tell other people about it. I often do this. When I see a site with lots of
information about [xyz], I mail interested friends to tell them about it.
We just make it easier for users to do this with a link that says
"Recommend evolt.org to a friend" (or something like that). That way, they
don't have to bother firing up their email client to type out a mail, and
if they had never thought of it, the link will plant the idea in their head.

Example? Visit www.ciol.com (while I used to manage this site, the new crap
design isn't mine).

See that link on the second nav bar called "Recommend this site"? Click it.

You get the idea :)

Cheers,

Madhu

Madhu Menon