[Theforum] evoltspotting

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Wed Dec 5 17:04:34 CST 2001

> We would simply be duplicating work that other sites already do, with
> nothing to differentiate our effort from theirs. I refuse to believe that
> 50% of our links will be stuff that's not mentioned on any other
> site. The blogging community is usually pretty efficient at spreading the
> links around.

Incorrect! The difference is that our links have been provided by our
community. In the future they may also be rated for usefulness by members of
our community (that has been discussed in the past).

I don't know anyone at dmoz or any other directory, but I know that if links
to DEO have been submitted by evolt.org members, then there's a pretty good
chance they're of a reasonable standard. These are the people whose
questions, answers, articles, and suggestions I read every day on
evolt.org's lists and sites.

We can do more to differentiate, but I think Simon's made a decent start.

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au