[Theforum] Monthly Recap - Draft Article for Community News .. by Isaac

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Thu Dec 6 18:58:09 CST 2001

Not sure about that ... here college and university are very much different.
And, if my understanding is correct, college is used very much differently
in the U.S. than how we use it here.  FWIW, a university education = a
degree, whereas a college education = a diploma.  One can have both, and
some courses/advanced studies will give a college diploma as well, usually
in the cases of an extra year of schooling, i.e. five years.  College here
also usually means "real life" study, via co-op or internships.

Not that it's earth-shattering or anything like that.  ;)

How about "higher education" or "advanced education". ?

Evolt .. a great source of world-wide knowledge.  :)

Mich