[Theforum] +1/-1 Author Info Blocks

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 10 08:40:58 CST 2001

> From: Madhu Menon <webguru at vsnl.net>
>
> That's what I said. You *are* agreeing with the need for the author
> info (like me) but don't like the design (even if your reasons are
> mildly different) - like me.
>
> There you go.

that's not exactly what you said... i just wanted to make sure that i
didn't get registered as a default matched vote to your 4-point
breakdown, because it isn't... nor is my reasoning exactly the
same (or my solution, for that matter)... so, yeah, we're of similar
minds, but not the same...

> Adrian, it's bloody obvious that we're going to need a redesign, and a
> major one at that. As you mentioned on admin, several little bits and
> pieces have been grafted onto a layout that wasn't fit for them. It's
> only going to get worse as we find more features to add.

i'm the choir...

> As Isaac said, the IA needs to be redone. But why work in the dark?
> Let those survey results come in. It's quite possible that what the
> rest of the users think is diametrically opposite to what we think
> should be done. I wouldn't recommend designing anything now only to to
> throw it away later.

er, that's kinda been my point...

however, someone brought this up for a vote, which, while i thought
was premature given the status of the survey, seemed to move
along anyway...