[Theforum] Re: Sub-categories

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sun Dec 16 10:18:41 CST 2001

On Sunday, December 16, 2001, at 02:31  pm, rudy wrote:

> reminds me of the wholesale corporate flight from using the term "data
> processing" to more so-called accurate labels like "management
> information
> systems"

Yeah, but that's not a jargon movement, that's a move towards
calling things the way the *customers* understand them, in
terms of benefits (ie what you get out) rather than features (what
you put in and do).

The customers of DP/MIS are *Management* who want *Information*.
As these are the people who are going to be paying for it, calling
it something they understand and can see benefit in makes sense.

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,