[Theforum] Re: Sub-categories (by beginner/advanced)

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Sun Dec 16 12:13:13 CST 2001

aardvark spat:
>IOW, the categorization [of beginner and advanced articles] constantly
>fails to help me in any way, so  now i ignore it altogether...

+1

Plus, sometimes beginner articles have something I didn't know (becuase
much of what I've learned is from thelist where I get bits of info here
and there and almost never a "building tutorial" deal). But, the point is
that there is some body on every site determining what is "beginner" and
what is "advanced". And it really means nothiner more than "this body
thinks this article is beginner/advanced". Helps no one other than those
extremely seasoned with what the "body" thinks is each... and that's
assuming that never changes (which I think it would with time... things
would become less advanced, more beginner - IMO).

Not worth the effort, IMO.

Thanks,

--
mattwarden