[Theforum] Re: [*dmin] #evolt on IRC

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 22 03:38:00 CST 2001

> From: "Warden, Matt" <mwarden at mattwarden.com>
>
> >it's funny, seeing that stuff in IRC didn't bug me nearly as much as
> >seeing the response above about how it's a closed forum
>
> Sorry if you interpreted what I said that way, but I never called it a
> closed forum. The whole point is that I know exactly who is in the
> room (and therefor who is seeing what I'm writing) at the time I say
> something.

and that's the sole advantage, you as a rep of evolt can stop what
you say... but others may take your lead and continue a rant or a
bashing... you need to at least recognize that possibility...

as for misinterpreting, it was based on your statements that you
say things there that do want to hide, and because you said you
use it often, and most of us don't, therefore you don't want others
to impose on this thing you use, not that everyone uses... so,
yeah, there was ownership implied...

i know it's hard *not* to feel ownership of a place, public or not, in
which you feel comfortable, and i'm not lambasting you for that...

> I'd respond to the rest of what you said, but it seemed to all be
> based on some thought that I believe #evolt is my private chat room
> and that certain people can't join it... even though that can because
> it's a public forum... or something. Point is, that's not what I said.

that makes a lot of your arguments less persuasive, then...  now
you're just another user/member in an evolt channel, which means
your opinions (and statements) can be misconstrued as evolt.org
party line... and when negative things are said, those sentiments
are applied to evolt.org as the collective opinion...

you just need to recognize that...