[Theforum] Re: Getting in the monthly recap

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Tue Jan 8 14:03:35 CST 2002

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, David McCreath wrote:

> Interesting approach, Seb.

+1

> On the last day of the month, the adapted tip harvester that Seb
> theorized could roll through it and post the new article.
>
> Of course there are other ways to implement it, but the I like the idea
> of making it easy for people to be included in the monthly recap.

or being able to write the monthly recap for that matter... which was my
original question (
http://lists.evolt.org/adminarchive/Week-of-Mon-20020107/001082.html )

maybe someone was(and still is actually) planning on writing the recap for
january. they've been diligently watching thechat, etc, etc for
'community' type items and plan on submitting their article at the end of
the month they're writing about(because really, when else would they
submit it?). i have a feeling they'd be disappointed  to get an email
like,

"sorry your article's been denied, but martin(in this case) 'reserved'
this article at the beginning of the month. nice work though. if you
hurry and submit a placeholder article now however, you might be able to
get june!"

obviously, theres exaggeration in there, but the point(to me at least)
remains - is it Ok to call 'dibs' on articles?

"The evolt.org community is happy to announce what will become a regular
news feature on the evolt.org site, for all members."
not looking for flamefests or accusations or anything, just some thoughts
from a person who was hoping to write a 'recap', but thought there should
be something to 'recap' first...

.djc.