[Theforum] Re: Getting in the monthly recap

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Tue Jan 8 17:38:54 CST 2002

From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at members.evolt.org>

| Amy, as you mention below submits her article and is informed of the
| queue. She learns for the next time she wants to write a recap I suppose,
| maybe its not that difficult.

(from previous email)
http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20020107/002373.html

"oh, please.  the only email they would [...] get is: thank you for your
submission, [we] have already started compiling a recap, but be sure to
note that we will include your submissions in that recap."

_ we collect information from many different sources _

it's not only going to be from Amy and it's not only going to be from
Martin and it's not only going to be from Miriam, but it's going to be from
_all_ of _them_.

the important part is to get the information through to the whole of our
community, posted on the site.

and the information won't be rejected because someone else did it first.
for the n^n time, whether Amy's name is on the article or Martin's, isn't
the important part.
(might even be good to create a 'monthly recap' user, like we have 'The Tip
Harvester', that way, neither Amy's nor Martin's name will be on the
article, while both their information submissions will be).

and i'd like to make note of the fact Dan, that you can always suggest
different approach to doing things, not just objecting to the way things
are done now.

not to mention, that you could have said something when this was proposed,
discussed and approved on admin over two months ago.

thanks
elfur
*the tired one*