[Theforum] evolt.org review - roll call

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Thu Jan 10 17:25:34 CST 2002

On Thursday, January 10, 2002, at 09:13  pm, Miriam Frost wrote:

> <tip type="proofreading">
> Read your document backwards: last word first.
> You will concentrate more on the words themselves and not accidentally
> "read," missing errors by glossing over them. Say each word aloud if you
> can, to help maintain your task-focus.
> </tip>

'nother useful thing - it's easy to put linked words in a different
space in your mind, so if you have a sentence which is
supposed to be:

"If it is illegal for you to use this site in the country in which you
are resident please leave our site now."

(yes, Legal text) it's easy to not spot when it actually says:

"If it is illegal for you to use this site in the country in which you
are resident please leave leave our site now."

if "leave" is a link.

I only spotted this on the about tenth time of reading it today.

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,