[Theforum] policy for #evolt

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Thu Jan 10 18:41:02 CST 2002

At 4:34 PM -0800 1/10/02, Marlene Bruce wrote:

>>I think more than a few people should have top priveledges as well. And,
>>I think more than one top opp should be involved when someone is banned.
>
>If possible, and if there's more than one present, yes, I agree. And
>maybe even if they're not, it should be discussed with another one
>first, even if it's off IRC.

For short, private conversations in irc, you can use the /msg
<username> command. Someone who has ops privs could consult with
another op on the channel to get agreement on something before taking
action.

I've used it in the past where i had something to say to one person
but didn't feel like sharing/cluttering/spamming/whatever.  /msg can
be your friend...but it's only for one-on-one.

bob

--
bob davis
bobd at members.evolt.org