airing ones opinion (was: Re: [Theforum] Re: [offforum] Dan's Blog)

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Sun Jan 20 15:40:58 CST 2002

From: "Warden, Matt" <mwarden at mattwarden.com>

| So, is this you volunteering to take on this extra work, or do you just
| not like how others get shit done...?
|
| "I don't like this. Someone else should fix it..."

so you're basically saying: if i can't fix it myself, i shouldn't be objecting
to its current form.

ok, fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion. I don't agree with you, but
then, that's *my* prerogative.

However I don't see how the 'put up or shut up' approach is doing anything good
for the greater perspective ... how is the average joe user going to be able to
participate in the moulding of evolt.org if he has to have the technical skills
to expand on his own opinion whenever he airs it.

or is it only sometimes, or rather some people, that shouldn't be objecting when
they can't do anything to fix it.

your position leaves many questions unanswered ...
 ... what do i have to know to be allowed to object to a situation?
 ... ... is it the technical knowledge that i need?
 ... ... is it the access to the data that i need?
 ... ... is preparation enough? or does one have to execute the idea as well?

interesting opinion, however embarrassed you are about displaying it in public.

thanks
elfur