meo announcement system ... (was: Re: [Theforum] Re: Dan's blog)

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sun Jan 20 16:46:23 CST 2002

On Sunday, January 20, 2002, at 10:21  pm, Elfur Logadottir wrote:

>> | I mean, it was a very good short-term solution, a whole lot better
>> than
>> | not having that communication at all, and I'm very grateful for
>> | the work that goes into that communication (just a small percentage
>> | of the overall work that goes into meo). But it's confusing - where
>> does
>> | evolt's voice stop and Dan's start?
>
> now, if memory serves me correctly, dan has offered his CF blog thingy
> for
> others to use ... i know that javier has a copy and other might.

I don't know how easily it's done, but yes, it does seem re-usable
and re-skinnable (which is damned good btw).

> How about another short term solution ... until we hash it out in the
> redesign:
>
> how about dan offering his CF blog thingy to meo, where he, and other
> that
> maintain the meo accounts, can set information about updates and other
> relevant
> stuff for meo users

Sounds good. It's also an option for a long-term solution imo (another
would be to use the Community News category on weo, and I'm
sure there are other alternatives).

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,