[Theforum] Evolt redesign - user choice

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Tue Jan 22 06:29:21 CST 2002

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 03:53:36 -0800 (PST)
Lachlan Cannon <tiedefenderdelta6 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I was just wondering whether in the redesign it will be
> possible to let users choose whether they want to view code
> in textareas or just on the page?

+1

I'm just thinking about my comment on Martins Olympics site review
article thingy.

http://www.evolt.org/article/theforum/1/20116/index.html#comments

It's supposed to be a screencap from Lynx (y'know, fixed
width font etc), unfortunately the textarea kinda spoil the effect *:)

For code I don't really mind them, but it would be better if we could
offer a choice for this kind of case. Whether through giving the author
the option or the users a setting, I'm not sure what the best route
would be.

G.