[Theforum] 'Headlines' announcement list

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri Jan 25 22:32:55 CST 2002

At 08:57 AM 1/26/2002, rudy wrote:
>are we ready to vote, or does it need more discussion?

I'm quite ready to vote.

In most cases, I'd argue to death that any announcement list should be
strictly opt-in. That's my job as a UX guy.
However... I think there's a strong case for automatically subscribing all
thelist members to this new announcement list.

a) Many people have asked for it
b) We don't spam people
c) Volume will be fairly low
d) We don't have any ads in it
e) People can still opt out
f) It will help our articles get more attention instead of getting lost in
thelist mail.

So with that, I vote:

>[  ] carve it off from thelist with all current subscribers

+1

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon