[Theforum] Structure of the directory tree

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Jan 29 17:01:13 CST 2002

> So a link would belong in one category, but have several keywords.
> The search would pick up on the keywords but otherwise they wouldn't
> be used. Is that right?

yes, we're on the right track -- they are not semantically connected, but
could be used in conjunction

in a search by keyword, you could restrict the search to certain
categories, e.g. articles with keywords "cold fusion" AND "login scripts"
in the "code" OR "backend" categories

> I'm just not sure what would happen if two editors tried to alter the
same
> link at the same time.

the usual -- but perhaps this is a separate thread

we need to consider changes to an article as well as changes to an
article's relationships to categories and keywords

(i am sorry, but i see everything in terms of relationships between the
tables used to hold the info)

> I just want to get things straight in my head before I start coding
anything...

i like you a *lot*

rudy