[Theforum] Re: voting

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Tue Jan 29 22:12:59 CST 2002

> the announcement list is an issue where there seems to be consensus --
> okay, that's my take on it, i didn't actually count the +1s that came in,
> but i don't recall too many -1s
>
> it just pisses me off that another decision has been SIDETRACKED by a
> discussion of process
>
> we were doing so good, can't we just get back to making progress?

I'm not sure that I see the problem as you do.

Erika said: "Just something the forum might think about, as processes
develop."

Not: "Let's revote because I missed out".

But more like: "Go with current results, but can we also look at notifying
people privately (as well as on the public list), and having a minimum
duration for acceptance of votes."

I don't see a problem with that. Nothing here is stopping whoever has the
access to LEO creating the announcement list and starting to use it.

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au