[Theforum] Re: voting

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 30 12:42:33 CST 2002

> From: "A. Erickson" <amanda at gawow.com>
>
> That's cool. It wasn't really directed at you but at those people that
> are taking really absolutist, wide stances on the issue.

i know, but i also know someone's gonna ask me at some point...

> I get tired of feeling like I need to outline things as though I am
> speaking to a child. Reading comprehension is a very important skill
> for a by-email group.

girl, i get 1000+ messages a day now...  and i am so behind at
work and on a couple other projects that, well, right now i'm just
waiting for a decision...

i *hate* being in that position, but that's the way it is right now, and
i suspect we'll all go through it (if we haven't already)...

> And, while I'm emailing through gritted teeth, I might as well say
> that throwing around words like "elitist" and "oppressive" and
> "exclusive" and phrases like "Ivory Tower" and "limitations on
> expression" are about as offensive to me as calling me a racist.

jerk.

er....

> Some people think it's okay to go tossing around the term racist at
> people. Some people think it's okay to toss the term elitist at
> people, too. In a group like this where everyone is supposed to be
> working on the same project, I find that behavior incredibly offensive
> and ultimately counter-productive.

IME here, this is not an elitist group... too many people raise
concerns over it being elitist... we *are* a vocal group with strong
opinions, and that can be overwhelming to new people, which does
make it look elitist...

> (Again, not directed at you Aard.)

damn.

i was hoping *somebody* cared about my opinion...