[Theforum] Re: voting

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Wed Jan 30 18:43:19 CST 2002

You do understand that with an undefined number of voters, and many people
not even abstaining from the process, counting a quorum is not possible?

I don't understand where you've thought that I'd want to stop any 'dickhead'
votes, etc.

My issue is that to count a quorum (to avoid the 48hour minimum turn around
as often as possible), we need to have a defined count of voters, and
regular contributions from those voters (even if it is an abstention). If we
have 100 registered, require a 50% quorum, and only 20 people regularly
vote, you can kiss decisions-within-48hours goodbye, right?

isaac