[Theforum] headlines -- trying here

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 30 22:44:25 CST 2002

reading the thread again, i rather thought we had settled this... and then the
voting topic started...

so, if i may make a suggestion, until we have a voting process...

does *anyone* disagree with this implementation:

1. separate announcement list, initially populate with all current list
subscribers... ability to opt-out built in to list user page with instructions in
footer of messages on how to opt-out and where the page is to opt-out...

2. new subscribers see the option pre-checked, so they can turn it off if
they want when they sign up, but it's default is on...

3. use rudy's copy as the announcment:
"good news! today we are offering evolt subscribers the added convenience
of blocking those annoying article announcements that until today were
sent to thelist!  these announcements are now being routed to a new list
called thearticles!!  if you wish to continue receiving these announcements,
you don't have to do anything!!  how easy is that!?!  and if you really really
don't need the article announcements -- for example, the evolt site is your
home page, and/or you pop over there several times a day already -- then
just go to http-la-de-da-evolt.org and unsubscribe!!"

ok, so far this is the most preferred method based on reading the posts on
this topic...

does *anyone* have an issue?

in lieu of a formal vote, i just wanna get the feedback on this...  if no one
says they've got a problem, then we can suggest we go do it...