[Theforum] The footer?

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Thu Jan 31 13:09:55 CST 2002

On Thursday, January 31, 2002, at 05:44  pm, Luther, Ron wrote:

> But given that it's now "an issue" ... I guess we need to get into the
> IA 'process engineering' stage and decide as a group how we want to
> manage what used to be a fun distraction.  Of course, that will mean
> sacrificing the immediacy of quickly adding things like Joel's "Hymstuh
> Hunta".

1) Thechat is not a business forum
2) Thechat footers have never been used as childish sniping

> Perhaps a weekly or monthly list of suggested footers that we pass
> through our 'voting application' for approval?  They could be randomly
> appended to messaged for the following week/month?

or alternatively, only allow access to people who don't do that
shit, combined with exactly the action Adrian took - change it
straight away and call it publically.

Repeated offence causing removal from all rights to set things
on behalf of evolt.

(We have the Rich Gibson precedent as an escalation from there
btw)

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,