[Theforum] Discussion: Ratings in "black-list" categories

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Sat Feb 2 13:22:19 CST 2002

Hey folks ...

>From where and whom this conversation originated, I've not a clue.  ;)

The thought is .. certain categories on evolt should not be rated .. as the
ratings don't provide any "real" benefit to the community members nor to an
author's quality of work.  The categories in question include:

Jobs
News
Community News
Suggestions

I created a Category Type page, which briefly outlines the different queries
on the evolt site and which categories are not included, etc.  This can be
found at:

http://members.evolt.org/Mishka/Words/cattypes.htm

I'm bringing this up on theforum for further discussion.  Though it hasn't
been explicitly discussed, I'll take a guess and say the thought is to
permanently delete the current ratings for all articles in the above
categories.  Also, the "rate this article" section will not appear at all on
any articles within the above categories.  Obviously, a brief announcement
of this change will be written for the Community News category, just to let
everyone know of the decision.

Thoughts, concerns, objections, etc. ??

Michele