[Theforum] Re: VotingReqs

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Sun Feb 3 20:48:09 CST 2002

amanda wrote:
>I see public polling happening on w.e.o and in such a manner that
>*anyone* could participate whether or not they are logged in or even
>have a user/login.

Damn! As Michele can attest, I was hoping no one would ask for anonymous
polling. *that* makes it harder to keep the same architecture, as
currently each vote is related to a userid. personally, i'd like to keep
it to logged-in users anyways, as that would help enforce a
one-vote-per-user restriction.

also, amanda, i think everyone is pretty much agreed that running
results should not be shown during votes, only during polls. so, i think
we're good there.

thanks for doing that doc, btw, amanda. just read it a while ago and it's
a great summary of features and will surely make isaac's life easier. it
also helped review the db design isaac and i have been discussing.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com