[Theforum] Changes to the VotingReqs document

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Mon Feb 4 13:46:38 CST 2002

From: "A. Erickson" <amanda at gawow.com>

| For any of you having difficulties accessing the zope pages, I've copied
| the text of the document below -- it's pretty short so please read it.
| :)

nice work amanda.

| + Hide individual votes.
| (This allows people the anonymity to vote in an unpopular way as well as
| not be swayed by the voters before them. If possible, anonymity should
| be kept in perpetuity to all people.)
| + Allow a voter to go in and change their own vote at any time while the
| vote is still open.

is it technically possible to maintain total anonymity as well as allowing
the voter to change his mind? If i'm allowed to change my mind then you have
to store *my* vote with my id ... otherwise it's impossible for me to change
my mind, isn't it?

this makes me think that maybe we should have the total anonymity a
possibility, but with the reprocaution (sp?) that you can't change your mind
during that vote.

thanks
elfur