[Theforum] w.e.o vs. a.e.o and UEUE

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Tue Feb 5 09:57:33 CST 2002

why might it as well be? admin.evolt.org/email is the primary interface
for answering and handling emails, and its worked pretty well i think.

i didn't drop any further work on a.e.o because i didn't want to do it,
but because i asked for help on it and didn't get any(to clarify, i got
a number of "Ya! I'll help!" replies, nothing more). the 'rumor' that an
application like admin.evolt.org (with task tracking, jobs, calendaring,
contacts, files, etc) is being done in PHP is true.. there's more people
willing to help out with PHP stuff than CF stuff these days it
seems(nothing against cf people.. yadda, etc). because of that, its
pretty much done, and i've been using it for a while as have a couple
others, i think i mentioned it a while back on this list, but it
probably got lost in an IRC discussion or something i suspect.

how does the plan for reworked evolt.org IA figure into the plan of
throwing a voting application in it? or, are features just going to keep
getting added?

.djc.

Jeff wrote on Mon, 4 Feb 2002 18:47:40:
amanda,

 > From: A. Erickson
 >
 > 1. Is a.e.o (admin.evolt.org) dead?

it might as well be.  i've heard rumor (don't recall whether i heard it from
dan or not) that dan has dropped any further work on it.  there is talk that
a new version will be built in php, but no one's posted the spec it'll be
built from, alpha stage applications to test for usability, etc., so i
suspect nothings happening at all with it.