[Theforum] Prioritising future WEO elements

mccreath mccreath at ak.net
Wed Feb 20 22:40:44 CST 2002

> From: isaac
>
> > Is "latest comments" admin only? I can't remember.
>
> Don't know, but it can be made available to everyone I'm sure.

Does it need to be? How many comments? It seems like "hot discussions"
serves that purpose. Or?

> > >  - blog-style news (content)
> > Is this to replace the "News" category? (Sorry if this has been
> > discussed before ... )
>
> Has been spoken of a bit. I'd like to "present" it at some stage so that
> people know what I'm talking about.

Okay. I'll hold on. But I'm still not sure if you want to replace the
current "News" cat with a more immediate solution.

> > What about a collapsible org-wide header? (just an idea ... no thought
> > given to difficulty of execution)
>
> No -- need ever-present branding.

Oh, yeah -- I was thinking of something like this:

|----------------------------------------------------|
| LOGO    |      positioning ...               |-|   |
|----------------------------------------------------|
| org nav                          |  account tools  |
|----------------------------------------------------|

Which could collapse to this:

| LOGO    |      positioning ...               |+|   |

Or something. Probably not necessary ... just thinking as I type. No, the
logo stays regardless. It's probably not worth saving the space to lose the
orgnav though.

> I'm thinking that collapsible admin functions would be good though.

Those already are collapsible, if I recall correctly. Aren't they?

David